google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Chiefs to place De'Anthony Thomas, Akeem Hunt on IR - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiefs to place De'Anthony Thomas, Akeem Hunt on IR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs to place De'Anthony Thomas, Akeem Hunt on IR

Thomas suffered a broken leg while returning a punt during Sunday’s Week 17 win over the Denver Broncos. Hunt suffered a twisted ankle but that might’ve ended up being a sprain if he’s headed to IR.

The Raiders will be required to comply with the "Rooney Rule" and interview at least one minority candidate or otherwise face discipline from the NFL.

the head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance which monitors the NFL's minority hiring,John Wooten,Womens Derrick Johnson Jersey, said he is confident the Raiders will follow the rules and doesn't consider the process a sham despite reports Gruden would get the job before it even opened.

Mark, in hiring minority candidates,Wooten pointed to the Raiders' history under late owner Al Davis and his son,Authentic Bennie Logan Jersey, from making Art Shell the first African-American head coach in modern NFL history in 1989 and then bringing him back for a second stint in 2006.

Tom Flores was the first Hispanic coach to win a Super Bowl and the team also hired Hue Jackson as coach in 2011 and currently employs Reggie McKenzie as general manager.

Rapoport also reported Monday that Oakland’s assistant coaching staff were free to seek opportunities elsewhere. They could be absolved of their current contracts should they find employment, and they would not be fired until the new coach was officially hired.

Gruden is one of the network’s most recognizable figures and one of the last constants remaining on ESPN after its recent purge of talent. His calling the Kansas City and Titans game is sure to be a ratings hit. It could be his final time behind a microphone for an NFL game for the foreseeable future.

23,Wylie,Authentic Bryan Witzmann Jersey, is a 6-foot-6 and 309-pound tackle out of Eastern Michigan where he made 44 starts. He finished his college career at right tackle but also played left tackle and guard in college.

Indianapolis Colts,Wylie entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2017 and has bounced around with teams such as the Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers and Cleveland Browns. He participated in four preseason games with the Colts in 2017.

The Chiefs will be resting starters for this game, although the only confirmed backups to start are Mahomes and right guard Parker Ehinger. The rest is up in the air.

meanwhile,Womens Terrance Mitchell Jersey,Denver, should be playing all of its starters except at QB. Paxton Lynch will get the start there. Maybe it’s less about having faith in Mahomes and more about not having faith in Lynch? Who knows.

When odds are involved the picks are even more in the Chiefs’ favor. 72 percent of selected analysts are picking the Chiefs against the spread. The Chiefs are three- to 3.5-point underdogs in this game because they’re resting starters and because it’s a road game.

The Kansas City Chiefs got an enticing glimpse of their quarterback-in-waiting with the debut of Patrick Mahomes II.

Now, it's back to the present, with Alex Smith starting in the playoffs.

Here's something good to know: Should he be called upon, Mahomes can step in with little worries after leading the Chiefs to a winning field goal during a 27-24 win over the Denver Broncos on a frigid Sunday in the regular-season finale.

meaningless except for Mahomes getting an extended look to see what he can do.,Next up, Tennessee on Saturday in the wild-card game at Arrowhead Stadium. And back under center, Smith, who got the day off with the game essentially meaningless. Well

Mahomes, picked 10th overall in the 2017 draft out of Texas Tech, showed poise in the pocket all afternoon. He finished 22 of 35 for 284 yards and an interception. Just when it looked like his day was over — subbed out to give Tyler Bray some work — Mahomes was summoned back to the field. He led the Chiefs on a drive with just under three minutes remaining that set up Harrison Butker's winning 30-yard field goal as time expired.

"I thought he did a nice job. He had complete command out there,Authentic Ramik Wilson Jersey," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said.

Smith played a role Sunday, too, helping the QB he's grooming to take his job one day get a handle on a Denver defense that's one of the best in the league.

who showed up for his postgame news conference wearing a dazzling blue suit . "You can't ask for a guy to be in front of you as well as Alex has been for me.","Alex is an awesome guy. He helped me the entire game, showing me what he was seeing out there, Authentic Derrick Johnson Jersey, and showing me the things he was recognizing and giving me tips the entire game," said Mahomes

Mahomes has spent all season watching and waiting while Smith topped 4,000 yards passing for the first time in his 13th NFL season. Having clinched the AFC West for a second straight season, the Chiefs (10-6) turned the offense over to Mahomes.

At times, he looked like a rookie, sailing a pass to a wide-open receiver that landed in the arms of Broncos safety Darian Stewart.

In other instances, he was downright electric, completing a long pass to Albert Wilson in the second quarter with safety Will Parks draped on him.

there's not a lot of guys that can do that.","I thought he ruined a couple of great plays," Reid joked. "Listen, he did a nice job. He did a great job. You saw that in college, right? You saw that same thing in college and for him to be able to transfer it here to this level and you've draped on you and you make a throw like that

an AFC West team he would face twice each season if he becomes coach of the Raiders.,He’ll be part of along with Sean McDonough, Lisa Salters and Adam Schefter,Womens Marcus Peters Jersey, assigned to broadcast the AFC wild-card game. Oh, and that AFC game just happens to involve the Tennessee Titans and Kansas City Chiefs

Gruden’s name surfaced, it makes sense for the Raiders to hire a big-name coach., as it always does when there are coaching openings in the NFL,Womens Bryan Witzmann Jersey,in connection with Tampa Bay, who seems unhappy since the departure of Mike Tirico for NBC and reportedly has been talking to possible assistant coaches. And it makes sense for the Raiders, Gruden suddenly became the next man up in Oakland. It makes sense for Gruden,Womens Bennie Logan Jersey, but that job never opened. Then as quickly as Jack Del Rio announced Sunday evening that owner Mark Davis had fired him, who had four non-losing seasons until they traded him to Tampa Bay in February 2002. He coached the Bucs to a Super Bowl victory and remained for six more seasons, joining ESPN in 2009. With a move to Las Vegas on tap

yes. I hope I’m a candidate.”,Authentic Terrance Mitchell Jersey,Authentic Demetrius Harris Jersey,Gruden confirmed that he is a candidate for the Raiders’ job Tuesday, telling the Bay Area News Group, “I think I am being considered

Gruden went on to say that “they’re interviewing candidates this week and they’re going to let everybody know sometime early next week or whenever they make their decison.”

However,Womens Ramik Wilson Jersey, something that may not sit well with the Chiefs and Coach Andy Reid if they have to see Gruden on the opposite sideline next season., a deal that would involve Gruden may not become finalized quickly. First, which means that Gruden will continue his TV work, the Raiders must comply with the Rooney rule requiring teams to interview a minority candidate, and that creates tricky issues for him to navigate. For one thing, broadcasters get behind-the-scenes access to coaches and players in the days leading up to the telecast

Although the access may seem to be a minor deal, but Olsen did not attend practice or a production meeting., in NFL circles it is anything but that. During the regular season, there was a problem when Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, the Vikings and Panthers had a big game just a few weeks later and Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman appealed to the NFL and Fox, worked the Vikings’ game against the Rams for Fox. Although the Panthers would not face the Rams until possibly the postseason, who was then injured, which was carrying the game, to reassign Olsen. The request was denied

“I understood where they were coming from, I think everyone kind of understood a little better.”,” Olsen said of the Vikings’ concerns. “I think once we made it clear to everyone involved that by no means did we ever intend to go to any practice, or being in a production meeting, interviewing the players, the coaches and getting behind the scenes info like what would traditionally happens in a production meeting
Working...
X