google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Former Jets center Mangold won't run for Congress after brief flirtation - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Jets center Mangold won't run for Congress after brief flirtation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Jets center Mangold won't run for Congress after brief flirtation

Earlier Thursday, Essex County Republican Chairman Al Barlas said Mangold told him he was considering a run in the GOP primary to replace the retiring U.S. Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen in the 11th Congressional District.

It won’t happen, Mangold announced in a statement he posted on Twitter.

I am not in a place where I could commit to that,“I am not running for Congress. While it would be an amazing opportunity and honor to serve the people of New Jersey’s District 11,Womens Matt Forte Jersey,” Mangold wrote. “I like to investigate every opportunity that comes to me and this one will not go any further. However I do appreciate the support that was given to me in my short period of possibly thinking about running for Congress.”

Mangold played for the Jets from 2006 through 2016. He was famously cut while vacationing with his family at Disney World in March 2017. In response, Mangold tweeted a picture of himself sulking while riding the log flume.

the truth is these kinds of cathartic,But as incredulous as many Eagles fans may be that the moment they thought might never come has finally arrived, drought-ending sports “miracles” have become almost commonplace in the new millennium.

action-packed edition of the Jets Mailbag features the possibility of Super Bowl heroes Nick Foles and Malcolm Butler in Gang Green's future, why the Jets aren't giving up on Robby Anderson,The super-sized, why Todd Bowles can bring home the Lombardi Trophy and much more.

but let's not turn him into something he's not. Foles is the best backup quarterback in the league. If you think he can be a highly productive full-time starter,Nick Foles will be beloved in the City of Brotherly Love for eternity after his magical run that gave the Eagles their first Lombardi Trophy, you'll be disappointed.

but this Super Bowl MVP isn't the answer for the Jets. If Gang Green strikes out on Kirk Cousins,Credit Doug Pederson for installing more run-pass option elements to cater to Foles' skillset during their historic run, the smart money would be on a Josh McCown/first-round quarterback combo platter.

who is about a year younger than Cousins? I would be stunned if Gang Green, who will probably do their due diligence and inquire,Would the Jets trade one of their two second-rounders for Foles, goes in that direction.

and it just so happens that Gang Green is looking to add two starting cornerbacks this offseason. The Jets would love to sign Mo Claiborne and add another piece in the secondary (via free agency or draft). Truth be told, the master plan would be to add a true No. 1 cornerback alongside Claiborne. Finances aside,Oh, Buster Skrine would be the ideal slot corner for them.

he's only one of three players at his position with at least 10 pass breakups and two interceptions in each of the past three seasons, according to Pro Football Focus. Butler has 44 passes defensed and eight interceptions in his three seasons as a full-time starter. He's proven to be much more than a Super Bowl fluke. The 2015 Pro Bowler and 2016 second-team All-Pro had some lulls in his play this season,Authentic Brad Wing Jersey,Does Butler fit that No. 1 corner description? Well, but there's a belief that he wasn't thrilled about not getting a long-term deal last offseason.

The 5-11 Butler is not the longest corner out there,Authentic Jonathan Casillas Jersey, but he can play.

Tom Brady gave Butler a matter-of-fact endorsement on social media after Belichick put the cornerback on ice in the biggest game of the season: "Love you Malcolm! You are and incredible teammate and player and friend. Always!"

but those teammates aren’t around-the-clock babysitters. Anderson must learn to handle everything that comes with being a professional athlete. Again, frankly, needs a solid and stable mentor. Jermaine Kearse and others were good influences on the young wideout during the season,Authentic Devon Kennard Jersey,Anderson, he is not a bad guy. He can turn things around if he truly wants to. He needs to grow up.

Here's the unvarnished truth though: Anderson has two pending legal issues, including a court appearance next month for his arrest at a music festival in Florida last summer. The smart money is on Anderson missing some time in 2018 due to a suspension.

no other team wanted him. He wasn't a "hot candidate." In fact,Authentic Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey,Let me tell you a story about freshly minted Super Bowl champion Doug Pederson. The Philly fan base was less than thrilled when the Eagles hired him two years ago. Heck, the sports talk radio airwaves were lit up with ticked off followers who viewed Pederson as nothing more than Andy Reid Lite.

Pederson was grilled for his questionable play-calling in the second half of Kansas City's playoff loss to the Patriots that season. Philly fans didn't have much belief in their new coach. Pederson went through some growing pains as a rookie coach with fans and media questioning his overly aggressive play-calling. Heck, Pederson single-handedly cost the Eagles a win in Dallas that first year with an ill-conceived pass play-call that took his team out of field goal range to ice that game.

GM Howie Roseman radically re-shaped the roster over two years to help build a champion. Now,Authentic Matt Forte Jersey, Pederson is a god in Philly.

The point is that you need talent to win. Bowles absolutely has the temperament to take the Jets to the Promised Land. Anyone who tells you otherwise has their mind made up that he will fail. Pro tip: Ignore those people. Bowles is a respected leader in that building. He has the command and smarts to take this franchise where it so desperately wants to go. Does that mean he will deliver the Lombardi Trophy? I don't know. Nobody does. But I know this: He needs more talent in his locker room … just like everyone else in his profession.

I have a tremendous amount of respect and empathy for long-suffering fans like Joe who lived and died with every disappointing season for the better part of five decades. But my message to Joe and other diehards is simple: Don't be paralyzed by the past. Just because you haven't found the Holy Grail in so long doesn't mean you won't find it in the future. Just ask the three million people during the parade route in Philly on Thursday. Oh, and a TV show with Joe would be fun … but I fear we'd both lose our voices after the first episode.

the Jets are expected to have $100 million in cap space this offseason. With the Browns having even more money to work with,While those prices are exorbitant,Womens Kelvin Beachum Jersey, a bidding war to end all bidding wars may be required to land Cousins.

If Mangold were to run and win, Womens Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey,he would not be the first professional football player to earn a House seat for New Jersey. Former Eagles offensive tackle Jon Runyan ran for Congress in 2010 and served two terms in the New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District before retiring.

A two-time Super Bowl champion cornerback may have just hit the market for the Jets and Giants.

who was benched for unknown reasons in Super Bowl LII,Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler, posted a statement on Twitter suggesting he will not be returning to the Patriots next season.

the Kraft family, as we have won a lot of games together and all I know is winning! I have always respected everyone at the New England Patriots organization from Custodians, and my coaches for giving me the opportunity to play for one of the most successful organizations in sports,“I want to thank Mr. Kraft,Womens Brad Wing Jersey,” he said. “I also thank my teammates, staff and Coach Belichick.

“In each of my Four years we have achieved a Conference Championships or Super Bowl victories since I arrived in New England. All of this would not be possible without thanking some of the best fans in the world.”

For the Jets, much of it will depend on if they want to re-sign Morris Claiborne and how they feel about other free agent corners.

but had some lulls in 2017 possibly due to unhappiness over the one-year,Womens Jonathan Casillas Jersey, $3.9 million contract he was playing under. Still,Butler is a good cornerback,Womens Devon Kennard Jersey, the Jets will need a corner and he will be worth inquiring about.

they have big money tied into defensive players Damon Harrison, Olivier Vernon,As for the Giants,Authentic Kelvin Beachum Jersey, Janoris Jenkins and Jason Pierre-Paul and will likely have to give Landon Collins a big contract in the near future.
Working...
X