google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Aaron Donald take home major awards at NFL Honors - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Donald take home major awards at NFL Honors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Donald take home major awards at NFL Honors

which caused him to miss the season opener,Despite missing training camp because of a contract holdout, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald finished with the Defensive Player of the Year award.

Gurley and Donald were just the second pair of teammates to win the Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year awards, joining Jamal Lewis and Ray Lewis of Baltimore in 2003.

“To be honored is very flattering,” McVay said. “To see those guys up there accept those awards, that’s what’s special, but you look at Todd and Aaron, that’s why you get into coaching, to help players reach their highest potential.”

the Rams became the first team since 1965 to go from worst to first in scoring,Under McVay, won the NFC West for the first time since 2003 and ended a 13-year playoff drought.

“It’s very humbling and flattering to be able to receive this, “but this is a reflection of our team and our organization,” McVay told reporters, great coaches,Authentic Samson Ebukam Jersey, great players. I'm just happy to be a part of it."

McVay was often critical of himself after a loss during the season, so it was fitting that he critiqued himself on the night he won NFL Coach of the Year as a rookie.

“It does feel a little bittersweet only because you remember the Falcons game,Authentic Dan Marino Jersey, mentioning the Rams’ playoff loss. “I know I want to do a better job for our team,” said McVay,Authentic Jarvis Landry Jersey, the way that I can look at myself critically and figure out how we can get better.

093),Gurley led the NFL in touchdowns (19) and yards from scrimmage (2, one year after a disappointing season labeled a “sophomore slump” by Rams general manager Les Snead.

“That's what I love about sports,Authentic Jay Ajayi Jersey, you know?” Gurley said. “You're not going to have a great year every year. That's why you go through the bad times and you enjoy the good times like this.”

Gurley’s bounce-back campaign mirrored the Rams’ revival as a team.

” Gurley said. “There's no better feeling than winning games,“It just tells you what type of people we were and what type of team we were to be able to go through that rough stretch and be able to bounce back and just turn everything around, especially in the NFL.”

“You don't want to go backwards,Authentic Ryan Tannehill Jersey,” Gurley said. “Just get better every day and just have that one goal in mind that everybody has and that's to be playing (this weekend), so we just got to keep working hard, instead of be talking to you guys.”

“We definitely have a whole lot to build off of,Authentic Kenny Stills Jersey, hungry coach with a lot of young,” Donald said. “We've got a young, hungry players (who aren't) satisfied. That know we still should be still playing right now.

"The sky's the limit. We make mistakes just like anybody else. I don't want to say we were perfect. We've got a lot of room for improvement. That's the best thing. I feel like the season we had was a great season, but it (isn’t) the best that we can do.”

McVay used the opportunity to remind his team that the stakes have been raised.

but everything is earned in this league,“What it means is we had a good season that I think we can build on,” McVay said. “Just because we won the division last year doesn't mean anything going into next year.

including Monterrey and Guadalajara,Goodell was asked during his annual Super Bowl news conference Wednesday if other sites in Mexico, would be considered. He said it was something the league "may consider in the future" but for now was enjoying "such a good situation in Mexico City."

The Raiders are set to play in London for their fourth international game in five years as they finish their stay in Oakland before the move to Las Vegas in 2020.

While Goodell acknowledged that the NFL has teams "in transition from temporary stadiums to long-term facilities," he said the Raiders are "an attractive team globally."

The Rams and Chargers have temporary homes in Los Angeles while a stadium that will house both is being built.

Sean McVay rose to the top of his profession,A year after the Rams made him the youngest coach in NFL history, and the Rams’ success in 2017 also elevated two of their star players.

The Associated Press named McVay as the NFL’s coach of the year at the league’s annual awards ceremony, held Saturday in Minneapolis. Todd Gurley won the league’s Offensive Player of the Year award and Aaron Donald won the Defensive Player of the Year award.

It marked the first time in the awards’ 45-year history that all three awards went to the same team, and only the second time that the top offensive and defensive players were teammates. Baltimore running back Jamal Lewis and linebacker Ray Lewis won top-player honors in 2003.

Gurley had been considered a strong candidate for league MVP honors, but that award went to New England quarterback Tom Brady. The Chargers’ Keenan Allen won the NFL Comeback Player of the Year award after he returned from a torn ACL and caught 102 passes.

“We’ve definitely got a lot to build on,” Donald told reporters in Minneapolis after his award announcement. “We’ve got a young hungry coach with a lot of young hungry players. The sky is the limit.”

The Rams took a major risk last January when they hired McVay,Womens Samson Ebukam Jersey, but they led the league in scoring, two weeks before his 31st birthday. The Rams not only finished 11-5 — a seven-win improvement — and made their first playoff appearance in 14 years, just one year after they scored the fewest points in the NFL.

the offense’s architect and play-caller,Womens Dan Marino Jersey,Players gave much of the credit to McVay, who in particular helped Gurley transform from a 2016 bust into one of the league’s most dynamic players.

As the centerpiece of the Rams’ offense,Womens Jarvis Landry Jersey, with 1, Gurley enjoyed a fine bounce-back season. He was the NFL’s offensive rookie of the year in 2015 but had a fairly dismal 2016,212 yards from scrimmage.

“That’s why I love sports,Womens Jay Ajayi Jersey,” Gurley said. “You’re not going to have a good year every year. But there’s no better feeling that winning games.”

but certainly enjoyed the defensive support provided by Donald,McVay focused on the Rams’ offense, who has been a Pro Bowl selection in each of his four NFL seasons.

Donald missed all of training camp and the first game of the season because of a contract holdout (and also sat out the regular-season finale by McVay’s decision) but totaled 11 sacks and five forced fumbles in 14 games in his first season in coordinator Wade Phillips’ 3-4 defense.

Not since Warren Sapp in 1999 had an interior linemen been named the AP’s top defensive player.

“That’s one of the best to ever do it,Womens Ryan Tannehill Jersey,” Donald said. “For my name to be next to that guy’s name is beyond a blessing.”

Donald’s contract status remains a major issue. As of now, but Donald still seeks a new deal. Because of rules that govern NFL contracts, he is set to play out the 2018 season under the fifth-year option of his rookie contract,Womens Kenny Stills Jersey, it’s unlikely that Donald will stage a significant holdout this year, but Donald declined to share his thoughts on how the player of the year award might impact contract negotiations.

” Donald said,“I’ve got a great team (of agents) with me, “so I’m going to let those guys handle it.”
Working...
X