google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Chris Long says he’ll skip White House visit if Eagles win Super Bowl - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Long says he’ll skip White House visit if Eagles win Super Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Long says he’ll skip White House visit if Eagles win Super Bowl

Long, a 10-year NFL veteran of the NFL who played for the Patriots last season, according to the New York Daily News., skipped New England’s visit to the White House earlier this year because he didn’t want to be on the “wrong side of history”

In those games, five touchdowns and an interception., Favre was 39-of-69 for 502 yards

Pederson was his backup on both of those teams.

calling him "incredibly valuable and important to my career" and describing him as a friend off the field.,It isn't surprising that Favre agreed to speak with the Eagles ahead of the Super Bowl. He spoke glowingly about his time with Pederson in Green Bay to Peter King of The MMQB

"When Doug was with me," Favre added. "Very instinctive. He thought the way I thought. He knew me. He knew what I was thinking,Womens Arik Armstead Jersey, I hate to say he was a lot like a coach, but I wanted him talking to the coach.", and he was able to relay that to the coach,Womens Jaquiski Tartt Jersey, but he was, or the play-caller. Not a lot of the backup QBs have the headset on

is in his second year as the head coach of the Eagles. He's gone 20-12 during the regular season and 22-12 overall and has emerged as one of the league's best play-callers. Now,Pederson, meanwhile,Womens Eli Harold Jersey, widely regarded as one of the top head coaches in all of sports., he'll match wits with New England's Bill Belichick

Doug is an unbelievable offensive play-caller," Eagles' tight end Zach Ertz told King. "He has a unique ability to see the game. I don’t know if it stems from him being behind great quarterbacks in his career—Dan Marino, Donovan McNabb,Authentic Delanie Walker Jersey,"From a player’s standpoint, Brett Favre. But he sees the game like he’s playing it. He calls the game like he’s still a quarterback, like he’s in the flow of the game with us."

Eagles fans were flying high on Friday night as anticipation continued to build for Super Bowl LII!

The Birds faithful were lined up outside the door at Forman Mills in Northeast Philadelphia to give some love to #31 Jalen Mills.

Mandy Rodriguez of Northeast Philadelphia said, "My nerves are jumpy. I'm ready. Saint Nick is back. He's going to take us where he'll take us."

"Just can't wait. I believe we're going to take it. I believe we're going to take it,Authentic DeMarco Murray Jersey," said Raul Neris of Northeast Philadelphia.

"Definitely confident. 31-21 Final score. All day every day," added Lou Neris of Northeast Philadelphia.

a point forward,"He was like what Ben Simmons is now [with the 76ers], a guy who could play any position."

including an 81-game winning streak,Jeffery led his team to four straight Class A championships. Fredrick said those teams went a combined 105-1, the longest in state history.

So why did Jeffery give it up and focus on football?

either. But three weeks into the season,That was evident to Fredrick right away. Jeffery didn't play football his freshman year in high school. He wasn't going to play his sophomore year, the football coach asked Jeffery to play.

" Fredrick said. "Alshon shows up for practice on a Monday. By Friday,"The team had already played like two or three games and been together before that for training camp, he's starting."

Jeffery caught 14 touchdown passes. He duplicated that total the next season. He was getting recruited by Southern Cal when Pete Carroll was the head coach, Tennessee with Lane Kiffin, Alabama with Nick Saban,That season, and South Carolina with Steve Spurrier, among others.

Jeffery was getting recruited by basketball schools, too. Jeffery said many of them backed off once they saw the top football schools recruiting him.

"I had a few big names, North Carolina,Authentic Jaquiski Tartt Jersey,Authentic Elvis Dumervil," Jeffery said. "Kentucky, Georgetown. I had a few little letters here and there, but some of them came with football, though. Wichita State,Authentic Eli Harold Jersey,Womens Marcus Mariota Jersey, man, before they were up on top, they offered me a scholarship. If I was going to go there,Womens Elvis Dumervil Jersey, I was going for basketball."

Jeffery chose South Carolina and went on to greatness with the Gamecocks. As a sophomore, he had 88 receptions for 1,In the end,517 yards and nine touchdowns. His play dropped off somewhat as a junior,Authentic Marcus Mariota Jersey,Womens Delanie Walker Jersey, but the Chicago Bears liked him enough to make him their second-round pick in 2012.

In 2013,133 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns. Jeffery hasn't matched those totals since, Jeffery had 89 catches for 1,421 yards. The next season,Womens DeMarco Murray Jersey, his second NFL season, he had 1, as injuries and a four-game suspension in 2016 for PED use took a toll.

That left Jeffery to sign a one-year deal with the Eagles last spring for $9.5 million with incentives. Jeffery said one of the reasons why he signed with the Eagles was because he thought they could make it to the Super Bowl this season.

Jeffery replied: "Didn’t I say it before I came here? But I just believe. Everyone in this locker room,When asked Thursday if he really believed that prediction, we all believe."

with 57 catches for 789 yards and nine touchdowns. But he showed through his selflessness that he can be relied on when needed. The Eagles rewarded him with a four-year,Jeffery didn't have his best season statistically, $52 million extension with $27 million of that guaranteed.

Jeffery had two touchdown receptions. On the first, from 53 yards out,Against the Vikings in the Eagles' 38-7 win in the NFC Championship last Sunday, Jeffery used his adaptability to go deep when he saw quarterback Nick Foles trying to escape the pocket.

Both were part basketball instincts – running downcourt for a fastbreak opportunity for the first TD, then getting in position to outjump a defender for the second.

when he was 6 feet tall. He said his favorite team, even as a kid,All of that came natural to Jeffery. He said he could dunk as a seventh-grader, was the Chicago Bulls, when Michael Jordan was the star and leading the Bulls to their second set of three straight championships from 1996-98.

So Jeffery was ecstatic when the Bears drafted him because he could watch his beloved Bulls in person. He said he got to know former Bulls players Jimmy Butler and Derrick Rose while in Chicago.

particularly Simmons,He said he has started to get to know some of the Sixers players, since coming to Philadelphia.

But Jeffery's loyalty is still with the Bulls.

we’re just struggling," he said. "But we’re going to be alright. We’re going to get [New Orleans Pelicans star] Anthony Davis. Watch what I’m telling you. Put that down. Bulls,"Right now, we’re going to get Anthony Davis."

Jeffery is focused on the Super Bowl,But Jeffery knows that worrying about the Bulls is for the offseason. For now, and winning his first championship in football.

Fredrick said Jeffery has the support of his hometown.

" Fredrick said. "He's a prime-time player. Always has been. You watch. He lives for games like the Super Bowl. We're all Eagles fans here. Let me put it this way: If you're from around here and you're rooting for the Patriots,"We're all looking for him to do his thing, you better be doing it in the closet."
Working...
X