google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Jets lose Jacob Trouba for 6-to-8 weeks: report - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jets lose Jacob Trouba for 6-to-8 weeks: report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets lose Jacob Trouba for 6-to-8 weeks: report

The Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe broke the news late Sunday night, reporting that Jacob Trouba will miss the next six-to-eight weeks with an ankle injury he sustained in Winnipeg’s 4-3 shootout loss to the Anaheim Ducks last Thursday.

Wiebe said the injury happened near the end of overtime.

The news is a devastating blow for the Jets. Trouba has formed one half of the team’s top defensive pairing with Josh Morrissey, shutting down opponent’s top offerings.

The mess is compounded by the absence of fellow d-man Dmitry Kulikov, who is nursing an upper-body ailment after getting drilled from behind by San Jose Sharks forward Tomas Hertl a game before Trouba’s injury.

The Jets have dealt with major injuries in impressive fashion this season. They could have taken a nosedive when Mark Scheifele went down with a shoulder injury for two months, but the Jets will instead start the second half of the season atop the Central Division standings.

This isn’t to say they’d be comfortable if more injuries pile up.

The Jets are already without Adam Lowry on the front end, and now have two of their top six defensemen sitting in sickbay.

The Jets will look to rookie Tucker Poolman to soften the blow. Poolman has played in 13 games this year and offers a stay-at-home style, which will be beneficial.

The Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe broke the news late Sunday night, reporting that Jacob Trouba will miss the next six-to-eight weeks with an ankle injury he sustained in Winnipeg’s 4-3 shootout loss to the Anaheim Ducks last Thursday.

Wiebe said the injury happened near the end of overtime.

The news is a devastating blow for the Jets. Trouba has formed one half of the team’s top defensive pairing with Josh Morrissey, shutting down opponent’s top offerings.

The mess is compounded by the absence of fellow d-man Dmitry Kulikov, who is nursing an upper-body ailment after getting drilled from behind by San Jose Sharks forward Tomas Hertl a game before Trouba’s injury.

The Jets have dealt with major injuries in impressive fashion this season. They could have taken a nosedive when Mark Scheifele went down with a shoulder injury for two months, but the Jets will instead start the second half of the season atop the Central Division standings.

This isn’t to say they’d be comfortable if more injuries pile up.

The Jets are already without Adam Lowry on the front end, and now have two of their top six defensemen sitting in sickbay.

The Jets will look to rookie Tucker Poolman to soften the blow. Poolman has played in 13 games this year and offers a stay-at-home style, which will be beneficial.

has remained a controversial figure in NFL news,Authentic Rasul Douglas Jersey,Former Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, now deceased after committing suicide in the early portion of a lifetime prison sentence for murder,Authentic Donnel Pumphrey Jersey, largely thanks to his attorney claiming Hernandez had a severe case of CTE before he died. Hernandez's name surfaced again this week when former Jets linebacker Bart Scott claimed the New York defense used to tease Hernandez on the field about a missing body.

Maggie and Bart" on WFAN,It's a chilling tale of on-field, um,Authentic Mack Hollins Jersey, banter that Scott recalled during "The Afternoon Drive with Carlin, considering Scott and the Jets were not actually aware Hernandez had murdered someone and/or would murder someone.

"Let me tell you what the running joke was with Hernandez -- as players, because we knew something had happened in Florida,Authentic Jordan Hicks Jersey, we used to always mess with Hernandez when we were on the field and say, 'Hey man, I heard they found the body.' We thought it was a joke,Authentic Isaac Seumalo Jersey," Scott said. "So the whole running joke was 'I heard they found the body.' We all knew he was a bad guy. There had been stories floating with this guy for years."

Part of that tale involved Scott saying the Patriots "knew he was a bad guy." Scott claims this was not during the stretch when Hernandez actually committed the crimes, but rather when "he was playing and thriving."

'We heard he found the body.' It was a running joke,"This was years -- this was when he was playing and thriving. No,Authentic Wendell Smallwood Jersey, we used to say," Scott said. "We didn't think it was serious. We knew he was a bad guy."

Scott also said the Jets defenders knew Hernandez was in a gang, not far from his hometown of Bristol, which is a large reason why, he believes, Hernandez struggled to remove himself from the off-the-field problems he dealt with while in New England, Conn.

so you're not hanging with your teammates,"We knew he was in a gang. A lot of players are in gangs. A lot of us grow up in gangs, and what happens is it's hard to remove yourself," Scott explained. "But what happens is you're removed by distance. The people in my neighborhood are 10 hours away. The hardest thing for Hernandez is they are right there. You can't mature and distance yourself from them because they were there Day 1. Day 1 they're at the party, you're hanging with them."

Hernandez played just three years in the NFL after being drafted by the Patriots in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He and Rob Gronkowski entered into the New England system at the same time and appeared to have reinvented the New England offense, making them a dangerous unit with a pair of tight ends who were largely uncoverable.

Hernandez was arrested by authorities,Everything changed in June of 2013, with Hernandez emerging as a suspect just a few days after the body of Odin Lloyd was found within four miles of Hernandez's house. Hernandez's house was searched within days and before the end of the month, released by the Patriots and charged with murder.

Dennison joined the Bills after the team hired Sean McDermott as head coach last year, and he oversaw a unit that finished 29th in total yards and 22nd in points last season.

Mehta also reports the Jets have had discussions with former Titans coach Steve Jackson to become their assistant defensive backs coach.

with an unusual chunk coming in the form of goals. That’s been especially true in January,After being limited to 15 points in his first 23 games, Thornton generated 21 in his past 24 contests,Womens Sidney Jones Jersey, with six of his 10 points being goals. Pretty impressive for a guy who sometimes only seemed to score goals from intended assists.

who is also interviewing with the Titans,Gang Green is looking to re-shape its offensive coaching staff after firing offensive coordinator John Morton. However,Womens Rasul Douglas Jersey, the Jets believe that Callahan, will wind up in Tennessee.

Not only were the Giants and Jets basically eliminated from the playoffs before the kids went trick-or-treating the end of October, but having to deal with the hated Patriots playing the hated Eagles just makes this a train wreck of a Super Sunday.

Giants fans delight in both their four Super Bowl titles and the Eagles last championship coming in 1960 before their fans made throwing beer bottles an Olympic sport. They’re also proud that in the Brady-Belichick era the Giants are the only team to beat New England in the Super Bowl and they’ve done it twice. Jets fans are proud that their team won Super Bowl III.

So,Womens Donnel Pumphrey Jersey, who do New York football fans want to win Sunday? I conducted a Twitter poll over the weekend to get the answer, giving fans a third option: Cancel Super Bowl LII.

"Right now, talk with them through that,Womens Mack Hollins Jersey, that's how it's looking," McCown said on the NFL Network's "Total Access" show. "At this time of the year, I go through those conversations with my family,Womens Jordan Hicks Jersey, pray through that.

seeing what happens,"But where we're at right now, I feel like I want to play. ... I'm looking forward to the next few months,Womens Isaac Seumalo Jersey, and I'll be ready to go."

is a pending free agent after playing on a one-year contract that earned him $7.625 million,McCown, who turns 39 on July 4, including playing-time bonuses.

The Jets have said they'd like him back, but they also left open the possibility they could explore other options. They will look at other free agents and the trade market. They also could draft a quarterback with the sixth overall pick.

passing yards (2,Statistically, McCown enjoyed his best season in 2017. He set career highs in completion percentage (67.3),926) and touchdown passes (18). He finished 11th with a 94.5 passer rating.

McCown said his surgically repaired left hand, fractured in Week 13, still is "a few weeks away" from being healthy.
Working...
X