google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Tennessee Titans vs. New England Patriots: Odds, Divisional NFL Betting Pick - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

No announcement yet.

Tennessee Titans vs. New England Patriots: Odds, Divisional NFL Betting Pick

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Titans vs. New England Patriots: Odds, Divisional NFL Betting Pick

Tennessee is a confident team that quite possibly saved head coach Mike Mularkey's job with its miraculous comeback victory last Saturday.

The players believe in themselves, and quarterback Marcus Mariota is coming of age at the right time with seemingly no fear of any opponent right now.

In addition, Mariota has another star emerging next to him in running back Derrick Henry,Womens Corey Davis Jersey, as the two former Heisman Trophy winners were both integral to the second-half rally a week ago.

Henry's career-high 156 rushing yards served notice to New England's coaches that he will be tough to stop

The Patriots got some much-needed rest during their bye week despite other noise swirling around them regarding their supposed demise.

Knowing New England head coach Bill Belichick and future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady, they will only use that as motivation to show everyone they are still more than capable of working well together for the best interests of the team.

Brady in particular will be fired up to quiet his critics again and should have a field day against a weak Tennessee secondary.

Vegas has New England as a two-touchdown favorite this Saturday, Mularkey’s first as a head coach,Womens Adoree' Jackson Jersey, but a win could be pivotal for the Titans organization. These are exciting times for the team with Saturday’s win their first playoff victory in 14 years, and Marcus Mariota’s first as an NFL quarterback.

But as the team celebrated while walking off the field at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, a new reality became evident.

They’re now headed to New England to pay the Patriots. Marcus Mariota has one playoff start. Tom Brady has 34.

“Our ultimate goal, you have to beat the New England Patriots of the world,Womens Taywan Taylor Jersey, we want to win that ring, that Super Bowl trophy, and in order to do that, for this franchise,Authentic Byron Bell Jersey, and we get the opportunity to see where we stand,” head coach Mularkey said.

“But I can say this, our team knows now we are a playoff team. They’ll be that team when opponents come in and say, ‘Hey,Womens Brian Schwenke Jersey, this is a playoff team we are getting ready to play. We better play at our highest level,’’ he concluded.

"No, I haven't had any support to say that I was (secure). I just assumed the worst,Womens Jonnu Smith Jersey," Mularkey said.

A day later, Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk issued a statement to try and silence the talk of Mularkey's firing, and said that he would be back. However, the statement offered no mention of a contract extension, which means Mularkey could head into 2018 in a lame-duck situation unless things change between now and next season.

"Our mantra all season has been to take things week by week and not get ahead of ourselves and it obviously has served us well. I regret that outside rumors gained a life of their own," the owner's statement said. "No one has been a bigger supporter of Mike Mularkey than I have over the last two plus seasons. Mike and Jon (Robinson) have changed the culture of our team and organization and I am so happy we have been able to bring success on the field to our fans - winning 19 games over the last two seasons, Mike Mularkey is our head coach and will be our head coach moving forward. We still have work to be done,Authentic Adoree' Jackson Jersey, including our first playoff win in nine years. Just to eliminate any distractions moving forward, including this week, but I am looking forward to the journey."

Several Titans players came to Mularkey's defense, none more vocally than linebacker Brian Orakpo.

"That's crazy to me because I never heard that,Authentic Taywan Taylor Jersey," Orakpo said. "That's crazy. I mean, a guy to take a team to two back-to-back winning seasons, which hasn't been done in a long time,Authentic Brian Schwenke Jersey, go to the postseason, win a postseason game, I mean what the hell more do people want? It's (expletive) ridiculous to me. But what do I know? What do I know? It's (expletive) crazy. That man has put us in a great position to make us successful and I'm glad to have him as a head coach."

The only mistake was an interception where Corey Davis failed to clear out Chiefs CB Marcus Peters away from the play, allowing him to peel back and jump the pass intended for TE Delanie Walker. Marcus Mariota got a little lucky on his first TD pass,Womens Byron Bell Jersey, as it was batted back to him. But he made clutch throws down the stretch and scrambled when necessary to move the chains.

It was the best performance of the year for the offensive line, as Derrick Henry rushed for 156 yards and a TD. In particular, the play of left tackle Taylor Lewan and left guard Quinton Spain was strong as the Titans consistently ran to their side.

It sure improved after the Chiefs lost TE Travis Kelce to a concussion. Once that happened,Authentic Jack Conklin Jersey, the Titans were able to play things more straight up. They did do a good job of containing the speedy Tyreek Hill for the most part.

The Titans held NFL rushing leader Kareem Hunt to 42 yards on 11 carries. The run defense, which has been stout most of the season, came up big again vs. the Chiefs.

Adoree' Jackson fumbled a punt, but the Titans got lucky when the Chiefs missed a field goal out of it. Other than that, special teams played well and helped to dictate field position.

Mike Mularkey was supposedly coaching for his job, according to reports. To get his team to stay together and stick with the plan down 21-3 at halftime, and to have them rally for a win, is probably Mularkey's best coaching job of the season. The Titans should quit the games and give him a contract extension, if for no other reason than how the players respond to his message.

Devonta Freeman rushed for an early score and Matt Bryant kicked four field goals for the Falcons (11-6), Authentic Jonnu Smith Jersey,who spoiled the Rams' first playoff game in 13 years while showing off the postseason poise they earned from last season's journey to the Super Bowl.

Atlanta never trailed at the Coliseum while winning playoff games in consecutive seasons for the first time in franchise history.

Meanwhile over in Kansas City, Missouri, the Chiefs led the Colts, if you're a Chiefs' fan and looking for some good news, this is about the best we can do: Saturday's 22-21 playoff loss to the Titans wasn't the worst in the Andy Reid era, Reid's first season in Kansas City, writes. In 2013, 38-10, early in the second half and ended up losing that game, 45-44.

Beyond that, there are no bright spots to what went down at Arrowhead Stadium. For starters, perhaps we all should have known this was coming; the Chiefs have now lost six straight home playoff games, the Chiefs led, 21-3, against a Titans outfit that was predictable on offense and porous on defense. Of course, at home, and 10 of their last 11 postseason games. And quarterback Alex Smith, who has 50 regular-season wins -- second behind only Tom Brady and Russell Wilson -- since arriving in Kansas City in 2013, is just 1-3 in the playoffs.