google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Jon Gruden: ‘A good chance’ he’ll coach Raiders - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

No announcement yet.

Jon Gruden: ‘A good chance’ he’ll coach Raiders

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Gruden: ‘A good chance’ he’ll coach Raiders

the team intends to adhere to the Rooney Rule and interview a minority candidate in the coming days.,Womens Maurice Alexander Jersey,Even though all signs point to Gruden being the Raiders’ sole target to replace Jack Del Rio right now

And, as Gruden pointed out, there are no guarantees until there’s an actual agreement in place.

“I’m being completely honest, I don’t know what’s gonna happen,Authentic Trumaine Johnson Jersey,” Gruden . “I’ve been through contract negotiations with the Raiders before I was traded in 2001.”

two second-round picks and $8 million dollars.,That’s when the late Al Davis dealt Gruden to Tampa Bay for two first-round picks

Gruden has been an analyst , and has become a fixture on “Monday Night Football” as well as his “Jon Gruden’s QB Camp” series. One of Gruden’s “campers” was current Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, who seemed to impress Gruden.

Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie will have the opportunity to draft his son in former University of Tennessee product, defensive tackle, Kahlil McKenzie, in the upcoming 2018 NFL draft class after he declared on his Instagram account Sunday.

Jon Gruden acknowledged his candidacy for the Raiders head coaching job Tuesday in a phone interview with the Bay Area News Group.

" Gruden said.,"My understanding is they're interviewing candidates this week and they're going to let everybody know sometime early next week or whenever they make their decision

yes. I hope I'm a candidate.",Asked specifically if he was a candidate, Gruden said, "Well, I think I am being considered

Gruden last coached in 2008 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and has rejected overtures each year to return. It has been almost 20 years that Gruden was hired on Jan. 8, 1998 to be head coach of the Raiders, for whom he coached through the 2001 season.

Since being fired by the Bucs, Gruden has worked as a television analyst, working on ESPN's Monday Night Football as well as hosting a series on prospective NFL quarterbacks. He will work Saturday's NFL wild card game between the Tennessee Titans and Kansas City Chiefs Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium.

The Raiders abruptly fired coach Jack Del Rio Sunday one year into a four-year contract extension following a 30-10 loss to the Los Angeles Sunday in Carson.

Gruden's candidacy and he didn't confirm or deny it in a Bay Area News Group interview Saturday night. His confirmatio Tuesday is the first public acknowledgment that he could return to the place where he started his career as the NFL's youngest head coach at age 34.

The Raiders have restricted their public comments to a statement to attributed to owner Mark Davis an hour after Del Rio's firing. In it he thanked Del Rio and his family for service. Davis said Tuesday the Raiders had no comment beyond the initial statement.

The Raiders typically do not confirm or deny potential candidates with the media during the hiring process.

Gruden’s return to coaching comes almost 20 years to the day after the Raiders hired him for the first time. Then-owner Al Davis made a 34-year-old Gruden the 12th head coach in Raiders history in January 1998. Gruden compiled a 38-26 regular-season record with two postseason appearances in four years before Davis traded him to Tampa Bay following the 2001 season.

Gruden won a Super Bowl in his first year with the Buccaneers, defeating the Raiders, and was 57-55 in the regular season over seven years with Tampa Bay. He joined the “Monday Night Football” crew in 2009, and had since reportedly turned down the advances of multiple teams offering him coaching jobs.

and eventually became the Buccaneers offensive coordinator through 2011.,He would re-team with Jon Gruden, assuming he's hired,Authentic Michael Brockers Jersey, as expected,Womens Mark Barron Jersey, as the Raiders next head coach. Olson was Tampa Bay's quarterbacks coach under Gruden in 2008

which included Carr's rookie season.,Olson spent a season in Jacksonville before becoming Raiders offensive coordinator from 2013-14

when the young signal caller didn't have many weapons around him.,Carr learned a ton from Olson during a trying 3-13 season

and has been credited for helping Rams head coach Sean McVay kickstart Jared Goff's career.,Olson was let go with interim head coach Tony Sparano and most of that coaching staff. He went back to Jacksonville

Don't forget that,Womens Lamarcus Joyner Jersey,Womens Alec Ogletree Jersey, if Gruden is hired, he's expected to call offensive plays.

"At that point I think it'd be an appropriate time," Gannon said,Authentic Mark Barron Jersey, "if in fact he has interest in me being a part of it, to sit down and have a conversation."

he traded Palmer and the Raiders’ seventh-round pick in the 2013 NFL draft for Arizona’s sixth-round selection in the same draft and a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014.,Once Reggie McKenzie became Oakland’s general manager in 2013

For his NFL career, 187 interceptions and had an 87.9 passer rating., Palmer started 181 games,247 yards, Womens Michael Brockers Jersey,threw for 46, 294 touchdowns

" Gruden said jokingly.,"These Chiefs fans have been on my case since we got here

but the Green Bay Packers general manager says he will understand if his longtime coworker leaves after getting passed over for the job.,Brian Gutekunst wants Eliot Wolf to be his top advisor

when the Packers introduced Gutekunst as GM and announced changes to their management structure to include president Mark Murphy as the overseer of Gutekunst,Wolf, who holds the position of director of football operations, executive vice president/football operations Russ Ball and coach Mike McCarthy., did not receive a promotion Monday

and I wouldn’t hold him back from that because I care about him. But if he was here,“I would envision him kind of being a right-hand man to me,” Gutekunst said of Wolf on Monday following his introductory news conference. “We have a great relationship. I’m very fond of the person, I’d like to get him more involved in the college side of stuff and have a broader approach to what he’s been doing.”, and the scout is excellent. I’ve told him that. I really want him to be here. But I also know he has other opportunities

Because the 35-year-old Wolf is still under contract with the Packers, but it doesn’t sound like he would prevent Wolf from leaving., Gutekunst could block him from taking anything other than a GM job with another team

New Browns general manager John Dorsey wants to hire Wolf as one of his top advisers. Dorsey,Authentic Alec Ogletree Jersey, already hired away Alonzo Highsmith to be his vice president of football operations., the former Packers’ personnel executive

Wolf was one of four candidates Murphy interviewed for the GM job. The others were Ball and former Bills general manager Doug Whaley.

the people up there don't think he's worthy,Former Packers GM Ron Wolf did not sound happy that his son was passed over for the job he once held, telling ESPN on Sunday night,Womens Ethan Westbrooks Jersey, or they would've hired him.”,Authentic Lamarcus Joyner Jersey, “Obviously

got the edge over Wolf in large part because of his experience. Gutekunst is more versed in the college scouting area,Gutekunst, having spent 13 years as an area scout and four years as the Packers' director of college scouting before he became director of player personnel in 2016.,Authentic Maurice Alexander Jersey,44

which is why Gutekunst believes they would make a good team.,Most of Wolf’s experience has been in pro scouting

he’s a friend,“We’ve been talking throughout this whole thing, and we do have a very good relationship. I talked to him multiple times and will continue to and see where it goes.”,” Gutekunst said. “Like I said

Gutekunst is expected to retain director of college scouting Jon-Eric Sullivan and director of pro personnel John Wojciechowski.