google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Raiders make it official: Jon Gruden is their new coach - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raiders make it official: Jon Gruden is their new coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders make it official: Jon Gruden is their new coach

It had been reported from a number of media outlets that Gruden would return as coach and receive a formal introduction Tuesday during a news conference.

Gruden had said earlier Saturday during a national broadcast of the AFC wild-card game between the Titans and Chiefs in Kansas City that “nothing’s official yet” when play-by-play broadcaster Sean McDonough wished him well in his new endeavour.

The Raiders fired coach Jack Del Rio after the team went 6-10 this year, following a season in which they made the playoffs with a record of 12-4.

Gruden reportedly will receive a 10-year contract worth $100 million. He last coached with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2008.

The Raiders released a one-sentence statement with their tweet:

“The Oakland Raiders will host a press conference at noon on Tuesday, Jan. 9 to officially introduce Jon Gruden as the new head coach of the Silver and Black.”

Gruden had a record of 38-26 in four seasons with the Raiders, when Tampa Bay met Oakland in the Super Bowl and won, who traded him to the Buccaneers in a rare move before the 2002 season, 48-21.

Gruden has an overall coaching record of 95-81. He went 9-7 in each of his last two seasons with the Buccaneers.

This coaching staff turned on Derek Carr as well. After the Kansas City game they called him out in front of a whole team meeting. It wasn’t just the offense or the quarterbacks, (or) a segment of the team. It was the whole team," Papa said. "And they ripped him in front of everybody and Derek’s a prideful guy.”

“But when you have a head coach that’s not designing the play (and) calling the play and then second-guessing the play and the quarterback’s play on a certain play, it doesn’t go well.”

Obviously, the offensive struggles for the Raiders came much before the loss to the Chiefs, at the very least. To go along with that, but this may help explain the losing streak to end the season, it goes without saying that something was missing between the coaching staff and Carr, as things just never really clicked on the offensive side of the ball.

It's a pretty intense report and one that may explain just how bad things had really gotten inside the Raiders locker room.

Trader's remorse? The Oakland Raiders reportedly want Jon Gruden,Womens Fletcher Cox Jersey, the coach they traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002, so badly that they are pursuing the ESPN analyst with an offer that includes an ownership stake in the team.

who won a Super Bowl after that trade to Tampa Bay,Gruden, has been in the "Monday Night Football" booth since 2008,Authentic Torrey Smith Jersey, most of that buzz centered on Tampa, where he still lives. However, over the weekend, but every year rumors of his return to the field intensify as coaching openings crop up around the league. This season,Womens Timmy Jernigan Jersey, reports surfaced that the team would retain Dirk Koetter, and ESPN reported the development with the Raiders.

according to the network,Gruden, hopes to postpone a decision until after the 6-9 team finishes its disappointing regular season. Jack Del Rio,Womens Ronald Darby Jersey, was signed to a contract extension over the summer, but the Raiders, expected to be contenders in the AFC West, the team's coach, are instead mired in third place. Oakland has a lot going for it,Womens Brandon Graham Jersey, according to ESPN. Gruden is high on quarterback Derek Carr and would not have to pay state tax after the team moves to Las Vegas in 2020.

The Raiders traded Gruden to Tampa Bay for four draft picks and $8 million in 2002, a shocking move at the time. "You never try to get too surprised in this business, but this certainly was surprising," Gruden said then, and went on to sign a five-year deal with the Bucs that more than tripled his salary in Oakland.

he headed for the booth, where he worked with Mike Tirico. Since then,After winning a Super Bowl, he reportedly has not meshed well with Sean McDonough and, is ready to coach again, conceivably alongside his son, Authentic Jalen Mills Jersey, at 54, Deuce, a Redskins strength coach. However, an ownership stake would require the approval of the other owners in the league and they may be reluctant to approve it because of the precedent it would set. The finance committee would also have to sign off after vetting his finances.

you miss the players. You miss the grind. You miss the journey. Obviously,“Well, the opportunity to win. But I just miss being on a team, a lot of times. I wake up, you miss winning, I miss being on a team,” Gruden began before going on to sound as if he was already talking about his current employment.

“I do love my Monday Night [Football] team, I think, that’s what been outstanding. I’ve had a great opportunity to work with some exceptional people. But the peaks and valleys that go along with the football season are things, all coaches always miss when they get away from it.

you know,But,Womens Torrey Smith Jersey, not to speculate very much, I’m being completely honest I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’ve been through contract negotiations with the Raiders before, again, I can tell ya,Authentic Timmy Jernigan Jersey,I was traded in 2001. [laughter] I’m not going to do anything except go about my business.

the team will hire former head coach Jon Gruden in the same capacity with an announcement coming this upcoming Tuesday.

"The Oakland Raiders are calling a significant press conference for Tuesday at which time they will introduce Jon Gruden as the team's next head coach," ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Friday.

Gruden, has not manned an NFL sideline since he was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head coach back in 2008. He spent seven years in Tampa after being traded from the Raiders in 2001, 54,Authentic Ronald Darby Jersey,ultimately leading the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl win over his former Oakland squad in his first season in Florida.

Since Gruden moved on from the coaching ranks, he's served as an analyst on ESPN's Monday Night Football and remains an extremely popular figure around the NFL world.

Gruden will now be tasked with replacing a head coach in Jack Del Rio who was fired following a disappointing 6-10 season. Del Rio's departure from Oakland came less than a calendar year after the team extended him. It also comes one season after the Raiders posted a surprising 12-4 record, led by a quarterback in Derek Carr who was seemingly set to become the next elite player at that position in the NFL.

Unfortunately, the 2017 campaign did not go according to plan. Carr struggled big time,Womens Jalen Mills Jersey, the Raiders regressed on offense, and the end result was a six-win season. This all comes with the Raiders set to relocate to Las Vegas in time for the 2020 season. Obviously, the plan is to have Gruden manning the sideline in their first season in the desert metropolis.

The news that Oakland plans on introducing Gruden as head coach next Tuesday shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

There's already talk of him forming a coaching staff, Authentic Brandon Graham Jersey, with the likes of Los Angeles Rams quarterbacks coach Greg Olson and Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther joining him in Northern California.

Barring an incredible,Authentic Brent Celek Jersey, unforeseen reversal, Jon Gruden is going to succeed Jack Del Rio as the head coach of the Oakland Raiders.

Though former coach Jack Del Rio was the one fired after a 6-10 campaign, these numbers demonstrate that his unit on offense did next to nothing to help the coach out.
Working...
X