google-site-verification=XoQFkgtpf_zW_T1OTs_rvJaUlIyNe9zuoT2h52I8Q7s Preview: Dolphins hoping to spoil Bills’ playoff hopes in season finale - Friends Of Dentistry Forums

No announcement yet.

Preview: Dolphins hoping to spoil Bills’ playoff hopes in season finale

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: Dolphins hoping to spoil Bills’ playoff hopes in season finale

It has been eight years since the most recent playoff game for the Carolina Hurricanes, 13 years for the Minnesota Timberwolves, and 16 years for the Seattle Mariners.

that’s nothing.,Authentic Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey,To which the impatient people of Buffalo say

The Bills haven’t been to the playoffs since the 1999 season, the longest active drought in North America’s four major professional sports. The misery could end Sunday, when Buffalo (8-7) closes out the regular season at Miami (6-9) with a shot at an AFC wild-card berth.

Here’s how bad things have been in Buffalo: This is the first time since 2004 the Bills entered the final week of the season still in contention for the playoffs.

“It’s right in front of our face,Authentic Davis Webb Jersey,” running back LeSean McCoy said. “If we have any shot to make it, we’ve got to win this game.”

A loss eliminates the Bills,Authentic Wayne Gallman Jersey, and even if they win, they’ll need help to make the playoffs — either a loss by the Ravens against the Bengals, or losses by the Titans against the Jaguars and by the Chargers against the Raiders.

but Buffalo is overdue for a celebration.,Authentic Mark Herzlich Jersey,That’s a tall order

” veteran linebacker Preston Brown said. “The city,“It would be great, I’m sure,Authentic Eli Apple Jersey, will be super excited to have this happen, especially in this manner where a lot of people aren’t sure if you can make it. If you wake up in the morning and you’re in the playoffs, that’s a great feeling. It’s something I’ve never felt before.”

Buffalo’s game and the others that could determine their playoff fate all start at 4:25 p.m. EST. Several Bills acknowledged their attention will be divided as they root against Joe Flacco and others.

“Sometimes I get caught up in looking at scoreboards during the game,” McCoy said. “I’ll be watching,Womens Sterling Shepard Jersey, seeing what’s going on with Joe and the Ravens.”

however.,There are limits to monitoring the other games

” Brown said.,“You can’t really check your phones to see what they’re doing

2000.,Buffalo hasn’t made the playoffs since losing the “Music City Miracle” 22-16 when Tennessee scored on a kickoff return lateral in the final seconds of an AFC wild-card game on Jan. 8

How long has it been?

“I was 8,” Bills safety Micah Hyde said. “My birthday is Dec. 31, probably on Christmas break, so it’s my birthday on Sunday. I was in Mrs. Green’s class, probably just out there playing in the snow in Ohio.”

With the East-West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl coming up in January,Womens Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey, you can expect the Dolphins and their scouts to be on heavy search for their next potential first round pick.

"We have a lot of talent on this roster and I am excited for the opportunity to build the high-powered offense we have the potential to be," Lazor said in a news release from the Bengals. "This offseason will give us the chance to continue the success we had at the end of the year as we develop into a dynamic offense in 2018."

The Bengals fired offensive coordinator Ken Zampese on Sept. 15 after the team failed to score a touchdown through the first two games of the season and ranked No. 22 in total offense. Lazor was promoted to the position during his second season as an assistant coach. He joined the franchise on Jan. 18, 2016 as quarterbacks coach.

Lazor also served as an offensive coordinator and/or quarterbacks coach for the Washington Redskins,Womens Davis Webb Jersey, Seattle Seahawks, the University of Buffalo and the University of Virginia. Lazor also was an assistant for the Atlanta Falcons., Philadelphia Eagles and Miami Dolphins. He played quarterback at Cornell before joining the college coaching ranks at Cornell

"He's very comfortable with how I see it,Womens Wayne Gallman Jersey," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis told reporters Tuesday, Bill was able to try and work through things that had been already done without trying to slow our players down. He tried to work in the constraints of the way things were and the things that had been installed.", when asked about Lazor. "We basically wasted the 2,Womens Mark Herzlich Jersey,000 snaps of OTAs and training camp because it was through another man's eyes. When Bill took over

Cincinnati finished the 2017 season ranked No. 26 in points scored and No. 32 in yards per game.

The Buffalo Bills hold a lead in the recent rivalry with the Miami Dolphins, going 6-3 against the spread., winning six of the past nine meetings outright

If Buffalo wants to have a chance of making the playoffs this season,Womens Eli Apple Jersey, it will need another victory over Miami Sunday afternoon.

The Bills won two games in a row heading into Week 16, that game was closer than the final score indicates., when they lost 37-16 on the road to the New England Patriots. However

As an 11-point dog Buffalo led the Patriots 16-13 well into the third quarter. But the Bills went cold from there while giving up touchdowns on three straight New England possessions.

On the day, Buffalo came up empty on a 4th-and-2 from the Patriots' 6-yard line,Authentic Sterling Shepard Jersey, resulting in a Patriots touchdown., got robbed of a Kelvin Benjamin touchdown catch just before halftime and later missed a 50-yard field goal that gave New England a short field

The Bills beat the Dolphins 24-16 in Week 15, covering as four-point favorites. Buffalo led that game 24-6 midway through the fourth quarter before allowing Miami to score the last 10 points.

At 8-7 on the season, the Bills need a win Sunday and help from elsewhere to snap their 18-season playoff drought.

The Dolphins won two straight games to begin December, falling 29-13 on the road against the Kansas City Chiefs in its most recent outing., including a 27-20 upset of New England. But Miami has since lost two in succession

As 11-point dogs, the Dolphins only trailed the Chiefs 20-13 at halftime. But they faded from there on a cold Christmas Eve afternoon at Arrowhead Stadium.

On the day, all of which basically resulted in a minus-12 points differential., Miami lost the turnover battle 2-0 and missed a field goal

The Dolphins got outgained against the Chiefs but only by a margin of 59 yards. Prior to that, including the Patriots., Miami had outgained each of its previous three opponents

At 6-9, but the spoiler role can be fun to play., the Dolphins are out of playoff contention

Buffalo has the motivation here, but since when have the Bills come through in the clutch? Buffalo seems destined to blow this one. The smarter money here bets Miami.

When a head coach is fired, either., there’s a good chance his top coordinators won’t be back

In the case of the Bears, John Fox’s termination Monday leaves an unclear future for offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

Loggains worked with Adam Gase as Chicago’s quarterback coach during Gase’s one year as Bears offensive coordinator in 2015.

The Bears offense struggled mightily in 2017. The unit finished 29th in points scored, 30th in yards per game and dead last in passing.

If Loggains takes a job with the Dolphins, it will mark the fourth different team he’s worked for since 2008.